Candle Care

Some helpful tips for how to get the most out of your candle 

The first burn is the most important. When lighting your candle for the first time, wait until the entire top surface has melted (about 2-3 hours) before you extinguish it. Doing so will ensure your candle melts evenly, which prolongs its lifespan.  

Trim your wick. Before each light, trim your wick to about ⅛”. You can do this by either pinching the charred bits off with your fingers, using a wick trimmer or, by using a nail clipper. Be sure not to get the charred pieces into the wax.

Don’t burn your candle all the way down. When you have about ½” left of wax in your candle it’s time to replace it. We always recommend cleaning this wax out and repurposing your jar!

Extinguish your candle properly. Use a candle snuffer or the candle lid to extinguish the flame instead of blowing it out. This prevents smoke from getting into the air and hot wax from splattering.

Keep an eye on your candle. If you notice that the wick starts smoking, flickering excessively, or the flame becomes too high extinguish your candle immediately. This is an indicator that your candle is not burning properly. After letting your candle cool, trim the wick and check for draft before re-lighting.

Store your candle properly. Store your candle in a cool, dark, and dry environment when not in use. Limiting your candle's exposure to harsh sunlight and humidity will prolong its lifespan.